Carers can provide various levels of personal care as required.
Carers are happy to undertake tasks such as;
• Washing, Showering, Bathing
• Supervision of medication
• Helping with eye drops
• Transferring from bed/chair
Carers cannot perform the tasks of trained nurses, such as dressing wounds and administering injections. You should not ask Carers to perform tasks
that go beyond their experience or which they do not feel comfortable doing. Therefore, it is important that Angelcare Caslope Healthcare clearly understands the Client's needs before bookings are
If our Care Coordinator identifies that the needs of the Client require a higher level of care than can be given by an Angelcare Caslope Healthcare Carer, you can be referred to our Nursing-at-Home department.
The UK’s Nursing & Midwifery Council recommends that a qualified Nurse is booked for:
• More advanced medical conditions.
• Management of equipment eg. catheters, hoists.
• Administering (rather than prompting) medication.
• Wound care, eg. pressure sores.
• Professional liaison with local healthcare professionals.
Angelcare ’ Live-In Nurses can;
• Professionally assess your needs.
• Identify any risk to client or staff (eg. from manual handling tasks).
• Work with your local GP and District Nurse, if and when appropriate.
• Create (with your full input) a detailed Care Plan/Support Plan.
If you are unsure what type of support you need please feel free to phone us and speak to a Nurse Consultant or contact your local GP or healthcare